Triathlon scoring is based on how your finishing time compared to the winner of your age group. Here are the steps to calculate your points:
- The times for the overall winners of the event are pushed down into their appropriate age groups (if necessary).
- The winning time (converted into seconds) in an age group is divided by the team members time (converted into seconds).
- The result is multiplied by 100 and rounded down.
- The winner of M30-34 raced 1:01:01 (3661 sec)
- Team member raced 1:31:01 (5401 sec). The team member would earn 47 points - (3661/5461) * 100 = 67