5K/10K Combined Training Summer 2016
Join Fleet Feet Sports owner Jessica Anderson to train for the Zoo Run in support of the Henry Vilas Zoo! Whether you want to train for your first 5K or you are trying to improve your 10K, this is the program for you. All programs will provide challenging workouts whether you choose completion or performance.
NEW THIS YEAR - the group meeting locations will change each week. We will meet in various locations on the east and west sides of Madison.
We recommend you be able to run/walk for 20 minutes prior to the start of training. The Completion plan will consist of 7-18 miles per week and the Performance plan will consist of 10-25 miles per week. Both plans will have hills and intervals at some point in the training.
Both plans will have hills and intervals at some point in the training. Wednesday and Thursday fun runs at Fleet Feet Sports Madison & Sun Prairie are encouraged, but optional.
Important Program Dates:
- Goal Race: Zoo Run 5K/10K @ Henry Vilas Zoo, September 25, 2016
- Program Duration: July 13, 2016 – September 25, 2016
- Program Kick-Off: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 @ 7:00pm Fleet Feet Sports Sun Prairie
- First Group Run: Sunday, July 17, 2016 @ 7AM
- Registration Capped at 50 participants
Rates: Registration deadline: Monday, July 11, 2016 | Online Registration Open
- Early Bird Registration: $59 (until June 27)
- Regular Registration: $69 (June 28 – July 11)
- Late Registration: $79 (July 12 and after)
*$5 of your registration will be donated to Allied Running Club | * Registration into the goal race is NOT included in your training program registration
Weekend meeting locations will rotate between west, central, and east areas of Madison. Wednesday and Thursday group fun runs at Fleet Feet Sports Madison & Sun Prairie are encouraged, but optional.
- Wednesdays 6PM – Fleet Feet Fun Runs (both Madison & Sun Prairie)
- Thursdays 6PM – Fleet Feet Pub Runs (both east and west meeting locations)
- Sundays 7AM
Highlights of the Training Plan Include:
- A complete training plan leading up to the Zoo Run – both completion and performance plans
- Pre-training plan available in June to help you prepare for our first group run
- Mileage and minute based depending on your current fitness level and goals for the program
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Expert coaching and guidance
- Organized group workouts 1x/week with mapped courses
- Good Form Running Clinic
- A team technical shirt
- Participant only coupon book
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!
5K/10K Training Summer 2016 More Info »
Wed July 13, 2016
Wednesdays 6:00pm | Sundays 7:00am
Early Bird Registration: $59 (until June 27) Regular Registration: $69 (June 28 – July 11) Late Registration: $79 (July 12 and after