Our 10K training programs are a great “next step” from our 5K programs. Whether you want to maintain your current fitness level, continually challenge your endurance, or develop a solid foundation in the hopes of training for a future half or full marathon, this is the training program for you! Our 10K programs typically meet twice a week and incorporate more independence, and new workouts to increase leg strength and efficiently. Our 10K programs will help participants continue to grow in their knowledge of running.
Spring 2017 – Force of Orange 10K Training Program
- 10K Training Program
- Goal Race: Madtown Twilight 10K, May 27, 2017
- Program Duration: Feb 25, 2017- May 27, 2017
- Registration Deadline: Feb 20, 2017 | Online Registration Closed
Summer 2017 - 10K Training
- 5K & 10K Combined Training Program
- Goal Race: Zoo Run Run 10K September 24, 2017
- Program Duration: July 12, 2017 - September 24, 2017
- Registration Deadline: Monday July 10, 2017 | Online Registration Closed
Wed July 12, 2017
Zoo Run Run 5K & 10K
Early Bird Registration: $69 (until June 1) Regular Registration: $79 (June 2 – July 10) Late Registration: $89 (July 11 and after)
Join Fleet Feet Sports to train for the Zoo Run in support of the Henry Vilas Zoo! Whether you want to train for your first 5K/10K or you are trying to improve your time, this is the program for you. All programs will provide challenging workouts whether you choose completion or performance. We recommend you be able to run/walk for 20 minutes prior to the start of training. The Completion plan will consist of 7-18 miles per week and the Performance plan will consist of 10-25 miles per week. Both plans will have hill and interval workouts throughout the training. Wednesday and Thursday fun runs at Fleet Feet Sports Madison & Sun Prairie are encouraged, but optional.