Summer Half-Marathon Training Program-Sponsored by Brooks Running
Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon. Even better, make it the nationally recognized Madison Mini-Marathon, ranked #14 of the best 27 half-marathons in the U.S. by Runner’s World Magazine!
We welcome those who are also training for another summer half-marathon, or are working toward a fall full marathon. We recommend you be able to run 3 miles 2-3x/week prior to the start of half marathon training. This is to ensure you run healthy and stay injury free.
Important Program Dates:
- Goal Race: BMO Harris Madison Mini-Marathon on August 16, 2014.
- Program Duration: May 31, 2014 – August 16, 2014
- Program Kick-Off Party: Saturday, May 31, 2014 @ 8:30AM Fleet Feet Sports
- First Group Run: Sunday, June 1 @ 7AM
Registration: Registration Closed
Registration Deadline: Monday, May 26, 2014
*$5 of every registration is donated to Allied Running Club
*Registration into the goal race is NOT included in your training program registration
- Early Bird Special: $129 until May 16, 2014
- $149 after May 16, 2014
- $169 after registration deadline
Group Workouts – 2x/week
- Wednesday 6PM – mid-week run &optional performance workout (hills, tempo, Intervals)
- Sunday 7AM – long runs
Highlights of the Training Program Include:
- A complete 12 week training plan leading up to the Madison Mini-Marathon (2 training plans to choose from)
Questions please Email Megan Dolan or call the store at 608-833-9999
- Half Marathon Training &Half Marathon Training with Fall Full Marathon Focus
- Strength and Core workouts built into your training plans
- Weekly program emails with route information, advice, training tips, and motivation
- Optional Race Director Fun Runs on Thursday evenings 1x/month– 5 mile fun run with the Mini-Marathon Race Directors
- Expert Coaching and Guidance
- Organized group workouts with mapped courses – including portions of the race course.
- Educational seminar series to help you supplement your training – including such topics as Nutrition & Hydration, Good Form Running, Self-Myofascial Release& Flexibility
- Vendor partner promotions and giveaways
- Sampling of nutrition and hydration products
- Pace group leaders on Sunday mornings to help you stay on track
- A team technical shirt
- A supportive environment for all athletic abilities that builds lasting camaraderie and friendships!