What is our Core?
How do we activate the core and how can it improve our ability to Run and Walk?
Adam Lindsey DPT, FFMT, FAAOMPT, along with Fleet Feet Sun Prairie, is offering a two-part series event. This will not only be an interactive discussion, but also a chance for each participant to practice various techniques and exercise.
Night One: To be held at Bodymechanics Physical Therapy- 2450 Rimrock Road, Suite 206 – Madison 6:30-8:00pm on Monday April 13th. Bring your running gear!
- Scientific evidence related to core activation and why it is essential for efficient running
- Exercise to activate the core and what to do if it doesn’t work
- Achieving your individual neutral spine posture with application to running form
- Implications of midfoot/forefoot verse heel strike pattern of running
Night Two: To be held at Fleet Feet Sports Sun Prairie 7-8:30pm on Monday April 20th. Bring your running gear!
- Shoes: An update from a Fleet Feet Pro on what’s new and trending in shoes
- The minimalistic shoe trend discussed from a Physical Therapy prospective
- Common ailments and treatment suggestions from a Physical Therapy prospective (Plantar fasciitis, IT-band syndrome, Knee pain)
- Time to address participants individual prevention/injury needs.
Sign up for one or both below:
RSVP Monday April 13, 2015
RSVP Monday April 20, 2015