Blog - How to Dry Wet Running Shoes
By, Megan Dolan Fleet Feet Sports
How to Dry Wet Running Shoes
1. Remove the insoles (or orthotics if you wear them) and loosen the laces.
2. Pull the tongue of the shoe forward so that air can easily circulate throughout the shoe.
3. Place the shoe in a dry place.
4. Never apply artificial heat to your shoes to dry them such as blow dryers, base board heaters, radiators etc., as they will ruin your shoes.
5. If they are extremely wet, insert some crumpled up dry newspaper (or STUFFITTS!) into them and the paper will blot some of the moisture from your shoes. Remove the paper and then dry using steps above.
6. Wet shoes are a badge of honor. You were out running when most wouldn't even venture outdoors!
7. A second pair of running shoes to rotate, will assure you that you have a dry pair ready for your next run
Stuffitts For Shoes are form-fitted, reusable cedar inserts that combat moisture and kill odor in footwear caused by perspiration and outdoor elements. Stop by one of our stores to discuss more about taking care of your running shoes!